Icelandic fishing company Einhamar has accepted delivery of a large autoliner newbuild from Trefjar.
Designed as a dedicated autoliner, Vésteinn (GK-88) has an enclosed deck and a separate hauling compartment.
A sister vessel to the 2014-delivered Gísli Súrsson (GK-8) and Auður Vésteins (SU-88), Vésteinn has a fishroom with capacity for 41 460-litre tubs.
Powered by a 656kW Doosan engine, Vésteinn accommodates five crew, a well-equipped galley and a mess area.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Amelia and Johan – Purpose built cats boost Hawaii’s scuba diving charter industry
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance