Focus on Fishing and Aquaculture
Baird Maritime once more highlights the ever important fishing and aquaculture sector by reviewing newbuild vessels entering service around the world.
Trawling • Longlining • Seining • Potting • Aquaculture • Mariculture
New fishing vessels are now in operation in the waters off Russia and Western Europe, mainly in Norway. Another notable inclusion this week is a feed barge designed for operation in extreme cold temperatures and rough sea conditions in Iceland.
Continue to visit these pages for the latest news stories and related features in fishing and aquaculture.
- Gadus – Whitefish factory trawler to operate in Faroe Islands
- Nord-Fugløy – Seiner designed for northern Norwegian waters
- Dønning – Compact netting boat for Norway’s Hellnes Fisk
- Salmon feed barge built for harsh conditions in Iceland
- Ronja Herøy – Norway’s Sølvtrans places large-capacity wellboat into service
- Sparkling Star – Versatile pelagic trawler for Irish fishing family
- Kedon – Russian crabber with secondary longlining capability
- Sunny Lady – LNG hybrid seiner/trawler for Norwegian owner
- Sovereign One – Shellfish monitoring catamaran delivered to Washington’s Puyallup Tribe
- Kapitan Sokolov – First in new large trawler series for Russia’s Norebo Group
News and Gear:
- Scottish salmon farmers report over 50 per cent drop in antibiotic use in 2022
- UK government, Scottish pelagic fishers to collaborate on scientific research
- Who’s Who: Maritime Movements for September-October 2023
- European Parliament approves new EU fisheries control rules
- European Commission adopts amendment to rules on small amounts of aid to fishery and aquaculture sector
- Scientific dispensation request granted for King Scallop fishing trial off south-east England
Recent Important Features:
– “The dimensions and geometry are designed the way the salmon likes best and with the right pressure in terms of depth.”
Remember to come back every day to see the latest news, opinion and vessel reviews!
Call for content!
Any news or views about the global commercial fishing and aquaculture industries? Send it through to [email protected] ASAP (between now and November 10), so we can add it to this current edition of Fishing and Aquaculture Week!
We are after:
- Vessels – Orders, new deliveries, under construction
- Gear – Latest innovations and technology in the fishing/aquaculture sectors
- Interviews – Owners, operators, processors, co-ops, distributors etc.
- Reminiscences – Do you have any exciting, amusing or downright dangerous anecdotes from your time in the fishing world? (example here)
- Other – Any other relevant news
Stay updated on future Fishing and Aquaculture Weeks
Sign up here to be notified in advance about future Fishing and Aquaculture Weeks.