Focus on Fishing and Aquaculture
We are pleased to once again highlight the global fishing and aquaculture industries by reviewing new vessels entering service worldwide. Some of this week’s inclusions are tuna vessels for Omani and Chinese owners, a trawler for operation in Russia’s Far East, and an electric crewboat that will serve fish farms in Norway.
Trawling • Longlining • Seining • Potting • Aquaculture • Mariculture
A variety of propulsion systems are also represented, from conventional marine engines to powerful batteries that help reduce environmental impact. This is certainly appropriate, as we will also be focusing this week on the various marine engines and propulsion systems in service today.
Continue to visit Baird Maritime for the latest news, reviews, and features from the world of fishing and aquaculture.
- Emerald – Arctic-capable freezer trawler delivered to Faroese owner
- Acila – Omani tuna seiner to operate in Indian Ocean
- Arnøytind – Versatile purse seiner boasts environment-friendly features
- Electric crewboat prototype to support fish farm operations in Norway
- Inter Scotia – Intership takes delivery of hybrid battery-powered wellboat
- Jinfeng 2 – Chinese tuna longliner pair built for Atlantic sailings
- Mekhanik Sizov – Trawler/processor designed for Russian Far East waters
News and Gear:
- Three dead following vessel collision off Pangasinan, Philippines
- Scientific dispensation request granted for King Scallop fishing trial off south-east England
- EU cites Trinidad and Tobago as non-cooperating country in campaign against illegal fishing
- Fishing Vessel News Roundup | September 26 – Norwegian hybrid wellboat, Russian crabber/shrimper and more
- UK launches Lyme Bay sole fishery consultation
- Crew rescued after Taiwanese fishing vessel sinks in Indian Ocean
- Scottish government funding to support protection and restoration of wild salmon
Recent Important Features:
– “The dimensions and geometry are designed the way the salmon likes best and with the right pressure in terms of depth.”
Remember to come back every day to see the latest news, opinion and vessel reviews!
Call for content!
Any news or views about the global commercial fishing and aquaculture industries? Send it through to [email protected] ASAP (between now and October 6), so we can add it to this current edition of Fishing and Aquaculture Week!
We are after:
- Vessels – Orders, new deliveries, under construction
- Gear – Latest innovations and technology in the fishing/aquaculture sectors
- Interviews – Owners, operators, processors, co-ops, distributors etc.
- Reminiscences – Do you have any exciting, amusing or downright dangerous anecdotes from your time in the fishing world? (example here)
- Other – Any other relevant news
Stay updated on future Fishing and Aquaculture Weeks
Sign up here to be notified in advance about future Fishing and Aquaculture Weeks.