|The Bulk Carrier Register 2006 (Clarkson Registers)|
|Saturday, 26 May 2007 11:47|
Author/Publisher: Clarkson Research Services
From Baird Online:
It is difficult to avoid using superlatives and hyperbole when reviewing these magnificent works of research and data collection. Having reviewed them annually for a very long time, it is sufficient to say that what was originally excellent, manages to become even better with each new edition. There is no better source of data on the facts they describe. As well as the properly bound hard cover directories themselves, each comes with a useful and easily manipulable CD that enhances their utility considerably.
Totally, the seven directories contain essential information on more than 33,000 existing and currently building ships as well as their 7,000 owners. It is all invaluable information. It is also remarkably accurate and up-to-date. Clarkson Research Services has a large and well qualified staff. They obviously put a lot of effort into this project. Considering that effort and the value of Clarkson’s data, the price of the registers is very reasonable indeed.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...