|The Canal du Midi: A Cruiser’s Guide|
|Wednesday, 24 February 2010 10:00|
Author: Bernd – Wilfred Kiessler
Publisher: Adlard Coles Nautical
From Baird Maritime:
Another for the busman’s holiday brigade. Your reviewer is well aware that many of his readers own or charter pleasure boats in which they like to explore and enjoy the world’s most interesting and attractive parts.
This book describes just such an exceptionally interesting and attractive part of the world. Southern France between the wonderful old cities of Marseille and Toulouse.
The area is crossed by a remarkable series of waterways both man-made and natural. It is enhanced by numerous historic and fascinating towns and charming villages. The climate is very attractive, too, as are the local wines and food.
This small but very stylishly produced book describes the area very enticingly. Your reviewer, who has explored parts of the area, was transported back there very effectively.
Ordering information:Adlard Coles Nautical London, UK Web: www.adlardcoles.com
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication but do not necessity to worry and believe that all is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. Everything is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...