|Mediterranean Shipping Company fined for oil spill|
|Tuesday, 17 May 2016 16:11|
The Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) has been fined $50,000 by the Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority (GPHA) for a heavy oil spill from its container vessel, ‘Alexa’.
According to local news sources, the spillage occurred on May 10, 2016 and spread around Tema Harbour.
The decision to fine the company was announced just six days later.
MSC had failed to notify the port authority, and it only came to the GPHA’s about the spillage a day later when staff arrived at the site on other business.
The marine dock, oil jetty and, the leeway breakwater of the canoe beach and portions of the fishing harbour were also affected, the Ghanaian news source, Graphic.
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication yet do not necessity to worry and believe that all is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. All is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...