|Gladstone set for new Liebherr crane|
|Tuesday, 14 February 2012 16:56|
Australia: Northern Stevedoring Services (NSS) will take delivery on Thursday of a Liebherr LHM550 Litronic mobile harbour crane, the latest addition to its fleet of advanced port equipment at the port of Gladstone, Queensland.
The acquisition of this new lifting technology by NSS was sparked by a significant increase in demand for stevedoring, transport and logistics services in the region. The LHM550 Litronic can carry loads up to 150 tonnes, equipping NSS for handling heavy-lift and oversized project cargoes required for the large-scale LNG, mining and construction projects under way in the region.
The crane, the largest, newest and fastest of its kind in Australia, is specifically designed for heavy lifting (up to 150 tonnes at 22 metres). With a twin-lift container spreader and large grab it will significantly improve overall general stevedoring productivity in Gladstone.
For further information contact:Liebherr, Austria Web: www.liebherr.com
Latest Book Reviews
- Ferries 2011: British Isles and Northern Europe
- Admiral Nimitz: The Commander of the Pacific Ocean Theater
- A Plain Sailorman In China: The Life and Time of Cdr. I.V. Gillis, USN 1875-1948
- Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies
- What’s In It For You?
- The Naval Institute Guide To The Ships And Aircraft Of The U.S. Fleet
- Two Roads To War: The French and British Air Arms from Versailles to Dunkirk
Latest CommentsChaithra: A recent Boat/US Magazine atclrie reported that 70% of boat sales were sales of used boats. It's no ...
Dermot bremner: Every system has its day, they have their day and cease to be .
Alfred Lord Tennyson
aryastark: I have been having a whole discussion with my friend's husband (who is an engineer) aboutnatural gas...
Nazery Khalid: Hi Ross
Greetings from Malaysia. Thanks for your comment and for sharing your invention...