|Korean bulker firm goes bust|
|Monday, 16 February 2009 09:16|
Another shipowner from Seoul has filed for insolvency. Initially established as Samsun Shipping Corporation in 1980, bulk operator Samsun Logix filed for court receivership after a Swiss company was unable to pay over US$40 million worth of fees. Besides this now-bankrupt client, Samsun also had outstanding payments from Korea, China and Singapore’s Armada, which notably filed for bankruptcy last month.
Samsun Logix had around 100 ships in its fleet.
Latest Book Reviews
- The Battleship USS Massachusetts: Super Drawings in 3D
- Bunker Fuel For Marine Engines: A Technical Introduction
- Beautiful Tufi: Between the Past and the Future
- The Lifeboat Service In Ireland: Station by Station
- The Shipping Man: A Novel
- White Star Line: A Photographic History
- Modern Maritime Law: Volume 2: Managing Risks and Liabilities
Latest Commentspartlycloudy: Um, actually he only said they use a similar method to forward their respective propaganda. Another ...
Craig Gordon: Ric.
Look for 'Sugar, Ships, Locomotives' by R.S. Maynard 1946...
Jocko Smith: Comparing the conservation movement to Nazism? Not just a sad indictment of your worldview, but trul...
jack james: I must say it is a good news for dive lovers who are interested to go to Malaysia and want to enjoy ...