|Korean bulker firm goes bust|
|Monday, 16 February 2009 10:16|
Another shipowner from Seoul has filed for insolvency. Initially established as Samsun Shipping Corporation in 1980, bulk operator Samsun Logix filed for court receivership after a Swiss company was unable to pay over US$40 million worth of fees. Besides this now-bankrupt client, Samsun also had outstanding payments from Korea, China and Singapore’s Armada, which notably filed for bankruptcy last month.
Samsun Logix had around 100 ships in its fleet.
Latest Book Reviews
- Captured: The Forgotten Men of Guam
- Nelson: Britannia’s God of War
- Rescue At 2100 Hours: The Untold Story of the Most Daring Escape of the Pacific Wa
- Uncommon Warriors: 200 Years of the Most Unusual American Naval Vessels
- The Aden Effect: A Connor Stark Novel
- To Crown The Waves: The Great Navies of the First World War
- Spanish Gold: Captain Woodes Rogers & the True Story of the Pirates of the Caribbean
Latest From The Blogs
Latest CommentsKeith Hecht:
Best blog about auto transport. Must share with others....
Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting.I will be waiting for ...
DAVID M. HIRD: An updated and enhanced second edition is now in preparation. Whereas the first edition concentrate...
Chris B.: What might prevent suicides amongst merchant crews?
From a mariner to the operating companies...