Russia's Northern Shipyard, part of the United Shipbuilding Corporation, has started construction on the first trawler/processor of Project 170701 for Rybprominvest JSC, part of the largest domestic fishing company Norebo.
Project 170701 was designed with advanced technologies for catching and the wasteless processing of fish. Modern fish processing factories will be installed on the ship with maximum capacity for frozen fish products - weighing almost 1,200 tonnes or a combined 1,020 tonnes of fish products and up to 334 tonnes of fishmeal. The vessel will also provide storage for up to 95 tonnes of canned fish.
In total, Northern Shipyard will build six trawler-processors under Project 170701. The first is expected to be delivered in 2020.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Collision with tanker may have caused fishing boat to capsize, Norwegian investigators claim
- Piriou begins building OPV trio for Argentina
- Sevmash Shipbuilding launches drone-capable submarine
- Qatar Petroleum initiates shipbuilding programme for more than 100 new LNG carriers
- TechnipFMC awarded ConocoPhillips EPCI contract