US-based Gulf Craft Shipyard has delivered the 600-passenger high-speed ferry Seastreak Commodore to Seastreak in New Jersey.
The highest capacity US Coast Guard sub chapter K catamaran constructed in the United States, Seastreak Commodore exceeded expectations in USCG sea trials by reaching a top speed of 39 knots.
Powered by four Tier-3 MTU diesel engines producing 5,424kW connected to four Rolls Royce S63 water jets, the Incat-Crowther-designed vessel measures 45.7 metres by 12.1 metres.
Seastreak Commodore has four main-deck bathrooms and three bathrooms on the second deck.
Featuring an accredited safety management system certified by the American Bureau of Shipping Class Society, the Commodore-class catamaran will undergo another round of USCG New to Zone inspections before being placed into service between Wall Street and Monmouth County, New Jersey.
Seastreak Commodore is equipped with two x-band radars, FLIR night vision technology and a Furuno ECDIS chart-plotting system.
An onboard Daikin climate control system, saloon bar, flatscreen TVs, Wi-Fi, multiple dedicated charging stations, Imtra LED lighting and handrail-mounted stairwell lights are other highlights.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Pakistani sailors rescued from burning tanker anchored off Lagos
- Svitzer Australia christens newest tug
- Damen, Van Wijngaarden sign workboat contract
- Austal delivers fourth Guardian-class patrol boat to Australian Department of Defence
- Neptune Marine delivers ice-class multi-purpose tug to Beluga Projects Logistic