The US Navy accepted delivery of a guided-missile destroyer from shipbuilder General Dynamics Bath Iron Works (BIW) on June 15.
USS Thomas Hudner is an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer and is equipped with an Aegis Baseline 9 combat system, which includes an integrated air and missile defence capability.
BIW is currently constructing four additional Arleigh Burke-class destroyers for the US Navy.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Belgium orders new research vessel
- VESSEL REVIEW | Klara 1 – High quality for high pressure times
- VESSEL REVIEW | Fathom – Canadian resort's new taxi/tourist boat
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raiymbek Batyr – Part of a six-vessel tug fleet for Khazakstan
- VLCC equipped with sail propulsion system completes sea trials