Matson has reported net income of US$32.6 million for the second quarter of 2018. This is a 36 per cent increase to Matson’s net income for the same period last year, which was US$24.0 million.
Consolidated revenue for the second quarter of 2018 was US$557.1 million compared with US$512.5 million reported for the second quarter of 2017, a nine per cent rise.
For the first half of 2018, Matson reported a net income of US$46.8 million, a rise of more than 50 per cent over the same period in 2017, which reported US$31.0 million.
Consolidated revenue for the first half of 2018 was US$1,068.5 million, compared with $986.9 million in 2017.
As a result of the second quarter performance, Matson expects its full year 2018 shipping operating income to be modestly higher than the operating income of US$126.4 million† achieved in 2017.
However, in the third quarter of 2018, the company expects operating income to be modestly lower than the operating income of US$51.0 million achieved in the third quarter of 2017.
- Port of Baltimore awarded federal funding for berth upgrade
- Carnival Cruise Line’s largest ever ship to be named Mardi Gras
- Ocean Infinity to provide AUV and ROV support for Weddell Sea expedition
- National Geographic Venture departs on inaugural cruise
- Name of first Ritz-Carlton cruise ship revealed
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west
- VESSEL REVIEW | Njord Zenith – BMT’s new crewboat for Njord Offshore
- Australia set to stop northern summer sheep exports
- VESSEL REVIEW | Sea Express II – SeaCat Ships’ new 29-metre Caribbean eco-ferry