Matson has reported net income of US$32.6 million for the second quarter of 2018. This is a 36 per cent increase to Matson’s net income for the same period last year, which was US$24.0 million.
Consolidated revenue for the second quarter of 2018 was US$557.1 million compared with US$512.5 million reported for the second quarter of 2017, a nine per cent rise.
For the first half of 2018, Matson reported a net income of US$46.8 million, a rise of more than 50 per cent over the same period in 2017, which reported US$31.0 million.
Consolidated revenue for the first half of 2018 was US$1,068.5 million, compared with $986.9 million in 2017.
As a result of the second quarter performance, Matson expects its full year 2018 shipping operating income to be modestly higher than the operating income of US$126.4 million† achieved in 2017.
However, in the third quarter of 2018, the company expects operating income to be modestly lower than the operating income of US$51.0 million achieved in the third quarter of 2017.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries starts fabrication of amphibious assault ship Bougainville
- NOAA Sea Grant awards US$11 million for aquaculture research
- Deepwater Horizon left little lasting impact on trends of key fish species, new study finds
- Blount Boats to build twin-screw tug for New York Power Authority
Carnival Victory to be renamed Carnival Radiance following 2020 dry dock
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | John Duigan – King Island’s new purpose-built landing craft
- Philippine Coast Guard commissions first two 24m patrol boats
- VESSEL REVIEW | Cap de Fer – Vittoria Shipyard returns to tug building
- CMA CGM containership crashes into dock near Mumbai
- Karstensens delivers pelagic trawler to Irish owner