GC Rieber Shipping has completed the process of redelivery and sale of the icebreaking research/supply vessel Ernest Shackleton to new owner Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografica e di Geofisica Sperimentale (OGS).
Ernest Shackleton has been redelivered from British Antarctic Survey (BAS), with whom the vessel had served for nearly 20 years.
The vessel was originally delivered by Norway’s Kværner Kleven Leirvik in 1995 as Polar Queen before starting service with BAS in the second half of 1999. It was officially renamed Ernest Shackleton after the famed Anglo-Irish explorer the following year.
- Shearwater awarded Senegal offshore acquisition contract
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- COLUMN | UK maritime autonomous system programmes gather momentum [Naval Gazing]
- Helge Ingstad repairs to cost more than new warship acquisition, Norwegian report claims
- Solstad secures PSV contract, extensions