Spanish shipyard Balenciaga and the Greenland Institute of Natural Resources have signed a contract for the construction and delivery of a new research vessel.
Designed by Norway’s Skipsteknisk, the 61-metre vessel will be optimised for both marine and fisheries research and thus will also be capable of performing bottom trawling and pelagic trawling in arctic conditions.
Onboard facilities will include laboratories and cabins for 32 people.
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- Helge Ingstad repairs to cost more than new warship acquisition, Norwegian report claims
- Solstad secures PSV contract, extensions
- EMGS awarded multi-client survey in Norwegian Barents Sea
- Neptune Marine wins Jifmar Offshore order for workboat pair