Norwegian shipbuilder Vard Holdings has signed a letter of intent for the design and construction of two special cruise vessels for Viking Cruises.
Scheduled for delivery in the second quarter of 2021 and the second quarter of 2022, respectively, the environmentally-friendly vessels deal includes an option for two more vessels to be built by the shipbuilder, which is a subsidiary of Fincantieri.
The hulls will be built by Vard in Romania.
The NOK4.5 billion (US$580 million) deal is expected to be finalised in mid-2018.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Pakistani sailors rescued from burning tanker anchored off Lagos
- Svitzer Australia christens newest tug
- Damen, Van Wijngaarden sign workboat contract
- Austal delivers fourth Guardian-class patrol boat to Australian Department of Defence
- Neptune Marine delivers ice-class multi-purpose tug to Beluga Projects Logistic