French shipbuilder Piriou will continue its expansion in Africa by opening a new naval yard in Senegal.
The French company said it has partnered with Senegalese maritime company Ngom et Freres to establish the new entity called Piriou Ngom Senegal.
Piriou said the new company would offer services for naval repair and building, especially in the fields of fishing, service vessels and defence.
Piriou has already established naval shipyards in Nigeria (2004), Vietnam (2006) and in Algeria (2013).
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Awilco orders second semi-submersible drilling rig from Keppel FELS
- Jiangsu Zhenjiang cuts steel for seven tugs for COSCO Shipping Bulk
- Royal IHC to build second TSHD for National Marine Dredging Company
- McDermott awarded Middle East offshore EPCI contract
- Topaz and BP sign contract extension for 12 vessels