French shipbuilder Piriou will continue its expansion in Africa by opening a new naval yard in Senegal.
The French company said it has partnered with Senegalese maritime company Ngom et Freres to establish the new entity called Piriou Ngom Senegal.
Piriou said the new company would offer services for naval repair and building, especially in the fields of fishing, service vessels and defence.
Piriou has already established naval shipyards in Nigeria (2004), Vietnam (2006) and in Algeria (2013).
- OPINION | Indonesia–Vietnam maritime clash a sign of rising Indo-Pacific tensions
- Rimorchiatori Augusta orders second 28-metre ASD tug from Damen
- Indonesia resumes sinking seized IUU vessels
- Vietnamese fishing boat sinks during encounter with Indonesian warship
- Malaysia detains six Vietnamese boats for illegal fishing
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- New fireboat delivered to Rabun County, Georgia