Kolkata-based Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) launched two Rajshree-class fast patrol vessels (FPVs) for the Indian Coast Guard on Thursday, November 22.
ICGS Amrit Kaur and ICGS Kamla Devi are third and fourth in the series of five FPVs built by GRSE for the Indian Coast Guard.
Each FPV is 50 metres long and 7.5 metres wide with a displacement of around 308 tonnes. These ships are designed for a maximum speed of 34 knots with an endurance of more than 1,500 nautical miles.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Collision with tanker may have caused fishing boat to capsize, Norwegian investigators claim
- Piriou begins building OPV trio for Argentina
- Sevmash Shipbuilding launches drone-capable submarine
- Qatar Petroleum initiates shipbuilding programme for more than 100 new LNG carriers
- TechnipFMC awarded ConocoPhillips EPCI contract