Huntington Ingalls Industries christened the Virginia-class attack submarine Delaware (SSN 791) at the company’s Newport News Shipbuilding Division on Saturday, October 20.
Delaware is the eighteenth Virginia-class submarine and the ninth to be built by Newport News.
Construction began in September 2013 and is 93 per cent complete.
The submarine is scheduled to be delivered to the US Navy in 2019.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- New fireboat delivered to Rabun County, Georgia