Huntington Ingalls Industries christened the Virginia-class attack submarine Delaware (SSN 791) at the company’s Newport News Shipbuilding Division on Saturday, October 20.
Delaware is the eighteenth Virginia-class submarine and the ninth to be built by Newport News.
Construction began in September 2013 and is 93 per cent complete.
The submarine is scheduled to be delivered to the US Navy in 2019.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Awilco orders second semi-submersible drilling rig from Keppel FELS
- Jiangsu Zhenjiang cuts steel for seven tugs for COSCO Shipping Bulk
- Royal IHC to build second TSHD for National Marine Dredging Company
- McDermott awarded Middle East offshore EPCI contract
- Topaz and BP sign contract extension for 12 vessels