The hull for Mercy Ships’ newest hospital ship Global Mercy has been launched at China’s Tianjin Xingang Shipyard.
The charity organisation’s 4,500DWT newbuild will be 174 metres long by 28.6 metres wide.
The LR-classed vessel will have a service speed of 12 knots and a range of 1,500 nautical miles.
It will be fitted with two 31-tonne cranes, six operating theatres, an intensive care unit, radiology with CT scanner, fully equipped laboratory, operating room simulator and an intensive care simulator.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance
- VESSEL REVIEW | Harald – Flexible landing craft for Stockholm archipelago