The hull for Mercy Ships’ newest hospital ship Global Mercy has been launched at China’s Tianjin Xingang Shipyard.
The charity organisation’s 4,500DWT newbuild will be 174 metres long by 28.6 metres wide.
The LR-classed vessel will have a service speed of 12 knots and a range of 1,500 nautical miles.
It will be fitted with two 31-tonne cranes, six operating theatres, an intensive care unit, radiology with CT scanner, fully equipped laboratory, operating room simulator and an intensive care simulator.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy