Six stakeholders aiming to create a "sustainable future for shipping" are collaborating in an initiative called Electromobility for Shipping.
The Swedish Shipowners Association, ABB Sweden, ABB Marine, Stena, research institute RISE and battery company Northvolt are joining forces.
Stena Chief Executive Officer Dan Sten Olsson said the organisations will jointly contribute to climate-smart shipping, international competitiveness and increased export opportunities for green technologies.
“There is a lot going on concerning battery on ships and we believe that research and development are crucial for finding the best,” Mr Olsson said.
“By joining forces between the research community and the maritime sector, we have great opportunities for the future.”
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Amelia and Johan – Purpose built cats boost Hawaii’s scuba diving charter industry
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance