Perkins has supplied four engines each to Yue Biao 1608 and Yue Dao Zheng 210, two 10-tonne crane vessels of 42 metres LOA, currently operating in the Pearl River Guangdong Province.
A 40kW 4.4TGM provides power for the emergency generator, while the three 120kW E70 TAG3M engines provide the power for the prime generators when the vessels are in operation.
The vessels are responsible for the installation and maintenance of navigation beacons, and are the first government vessels Perkins engines have been involved with in mainland China.
The Perkins 1206 E70M is a turbocharged, charge-air-cooled six-cylinder common rail engine with ratings from 120 through to 240kWm, with all ratings certified to EPA Tier 3, CCNR Stage 2 and IMO2 emission standards.
The engine incorporates service free hydraulic tappets, gear driven pumps together with serpentine auxiliary belts.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Over 200 evacuated following chemical leak on Swedish ferry
- Turkey abandons salvage efforts on sunken cargo ship
- NTSB cites overloading, poor stability assessment in fatal fishing boat capsizing
- Robert Allan Ltd, MTU unveil design of LNG-fueled pushboat
- Prosafe platform gets fourth contract extension under Equinor