Marin Teknikk has entered into contracts with Norway's Frøyanes for design and engineering packages for two new longliners.
The vessels, which are 50 metres long and have 12.50-metre beams, will accommodate 18 people.
The Ervik Group vessels will be equipped with Mustad Magpacker autoline systems and a specially designed automatic line hauling system.
Designed to operate in Norwegian waters and with a higher ice-class rating, Vestkapp and Frøyanes Junior will be constructed at Tersan Shipyard in Turkey.
The first delivery is scheduled for in December 2019 and the second in February 2020.
Catches will be processed in a fish processing factory for headed and gutted production and frozen in vertical plate freezers and tunnel freezer, and stored in large cargo holds.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Pakistani sailors rescued from burning tanker anchored off Lagos
- Svitzer Australia christens newest tug
- Damen, Van Wijngaarden sign workboat contract
- Austal delivers fourth Guardian-class patrol boat to Australian Department of Defence
- Neptune Marine delivers ice-class multi-purpose tug to Beluga Projects Logistic