A naming ceremony was recently held for a new factory trawler being built at Freire Shipyard for Greenland operators Qajaq Trawl and Polar Seafood.
The Rolls Royce-designed 80.8- by 17-metre vessel, which is designed for catching shrimp in Arctic waters, has been named Markus.
The vessel has a processing deck with four belt freezers capable of handling 100 tonnes of shrimp per 24 hours and two automatic horizontal plate freezers with a throughput capacity of 25 tonnes per 24 hours.
Propulsion will be provided by a Bergen B33/45L9P 5,400kW main engine.
Markus is the first of a planned series of two shrimp trawlers.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding