United Shipbuilding Corporation’s (USC) Yantar Baltic Shipbuilding Plant will build a large freezer trawler under Project 5670WSD for the Lenin Fishing Collective Farm.
The vessel will be the largest of its kind to be built by a Russian shipyard.
The keel-laying is scheduled for July 2019 while delivery is expected in 2023.
The vessel will have a length of 121 metres, a width of 21 metres, a displacement of 5,000 tonnes, and a fish processing capacity of 150 tonnes per day.
- OPINION | EU position on Nord Stream 2 spells disaster for Ukraine
- Vestværft to build trawler/fly-shooter for Thyborøn owner
- Nodosa to build freezer trawler for Perscuerta
- Japanese crabber seized for alleged illegal fishing inside Russia’s EEZ
- Indian defence ministry approves procurement of six AIP submarines