Norway’s Akva Group has been contracted to deliver a new feed barge to local fish farm company Arctic Offshore Farming.
The barge will have a length of 64 metres, a width of 13 metres, a storage capacity of 800 tonnes, and certification for wave heights of up to 7.5 metres. It will also have space for a small work boat in the stern.
Arctic Offshore Farming will use the barge in exposed locations and rough conditions north of the Polar Circle.
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- Helge Ingstad repairs to cost more than new warship acquisition, Norwegian report claims
- Solstad secures PSV contract, extensions
- EMGS awarded multi-client survey in Norwegian Barents Sea
Global Cruise Lines ship fined NOK 700,000 for exceeding Norwegian sulphur limits
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding