By Nigel Draffin
This excellent little book should be purchased in its thousands by maritime companies and organisations to be issued to all their new recruits at whatever level. It is the most comprehensive and useful introduction to the shipping and wider maritime industries that this reviewer has come across in sixty years.
The author is a widely experienced marine engineer with fifty years service in many parts of the world and on many kinds and sizes of vessels. He knows what he is talking about. He also knows what is important and has made certain that has been included here. He has been involved at senior levels in several maritime industry associations.
This book, then, is the distillation of a half-century of acquired maritime wisdom that has been very cleverly and succinctly presented so as to hold the reader’s interest. It will be of enormous value to any newcomers to our vitally important industry.
Available from Petrospot, Adderbury, UK.
Latest from Neil Baird
- BOOK REVIEW | The Catalpa Rescue
- BOOK REVIEW | CHIRP Maritime 2018 – Annual Digest of Reports and Insight Articles
- BOOK REVIEW | The Battle of the Denmark Strait – A Critical Analysis of the Bismarck’s Singular Triumph
- EDITORIAL | A dangerous culture at Viking Cruises
- BOOK REVIEW | Heaven High, Ocean Deep – Naval Fighter Wing at War