To accommodate Svitzer’s increasing activity in the port of Liverpool, Svitzer Europe has acquired Svitzer Amazonas, a 65-tonne bollard pull ASD tug, from Svitzer’s South American operation.
The tug arrives in Liverpool on July 20, completing a 28-day journey crossing the Atlantic from Cartagena in Colombia.
Svitzer Amazonas has served in Colombia since her delivery from ASL Shipyard in 2008. In the heavily tide influenced port of Liverpool, she will be assisting the port’s full range of shipping including containers, tankers, bulk, and cruise liners.
Additionally, she will be set up to work on the OSI to support offshore operations.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Tour boat damaged, five injured following collision with yacht near Aeolian Islands
- Vietnamese boat detained for illegal fishing in Southern Philippines
- Brevik Fergeselskap orders electric ferry from Holland Shipyards
- Construction temporarily halted on Havila Kystruten cruise ship pair
- US Navy issues draft RFP for corvette-sized USVs