The Brazilian Navy’s Directorate of Program Management initiated on Friday, February 22, a project to procure a new icebreaker for the fleet.
The Antarctic Support Ship Procurement Project seeks to select a replacement for the 1981-built icebreaker and oceanographic research vessel Ary Rongel (pictured), which has been in service with the Brazilian Navy since 1994.
The directorate further states that interested bidders have until 15:00 local time on March 13, 2019, to submit their proposals.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- BP oil rig voyage to North Sea repeatedly hindered by protesters
- VESSEL REVIEW | Ada Clara – Ultra-luxurious multi-role fishing vessel for Western Australia
- Burnham-on-Sea RNLI christens newest lifeboat
- Wight Shipyard launches new windfarm support vessel series
- Matson christens first Kanaloa-class Con-Ro