Norwegian offshore services company Swire Seabed has placed an order with Kongsberg Maritime for a Hugin autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) for delivery in 2020.
The AUV’s payload sensor suite will include a synthetic aperture sonar, a multibeam echosounder, a colour camera and laser, and an automatic pipeline tracker.
The Hugin will have a length of approximately 5.2 metres and a diameter of 0.875 metres.
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- Helge Ingstad repairs to cost more than new warship acquisition, Norwegian report claims
- Solstad secures PSV contract, extensions
- EMGS awarded multi-client survey in Norwegian Barents Sea
- Neptune Marine wins Jifmar Offshore order for workboat pair