The keel of Le Commandant Charcot, Ponant Cruises’ hybrid electric polar exploration vessel propelled by LNG, has been laid at the Vard shipyard in Tulcea, Romania.
Launching of the vessel is planned for 2020 while delivery is scheduled for 2021.
Le Commandant Charcot will have a length of 150 metres, a width of 28 metres, a draught of 10 metres, a crew of 187, 135 cabins and suites, and 16 onboard expedition dinghies.
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Delivery of Russian submarine Kazan to be delayed
- Jan De Nul launches fourth ultra-low emission vessel
- Neptune Marine wins Jifmar Offshore order for workboat pair
- COLUMN | Topaz Energy and Marine’s bumper profits: when something looks too good to be true, it probably is [Offshore Accounts]
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding