Carnival Cruise Line’s largest ever ship and the first North American cruise ship to be powered by LNG will be named Mardi Gras, the company said in a statement dated December 5.
At 180,000 tonnes, the new vessel will be more than six times the size of the first Mardi Gras, Carnival Cruise Line’s first ship, which entered service in 1972.
The 5,200-plus lower berth vessel is currently under construction at Meyer Turku Shipyard in Finland.
- Wreck of WWII-era US patrol boat found off Maine
- New response boat delivered to US Coast Guard station in Burlington
- Nearly two million litres of oil recovered from WWII-era shipwreck off New York
- Foss' newest tug additions begin work in Alaska's North Slope
- Wuchang launches second littoral mission ship for Malaysian navy