The Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority (USPA) has signed an action plan for the revival of cruise shipping to and from Black Sea ports over the next three years.
This plan proposes a marketing effort focusing on allaying safety fears regarding the region, as well as promoting local cruise facilities.
Despite the absence of cruise ships, USPA noted that the modernisation of Odessa Passenger Terminal has been completed, including repairs to the interior facilities and improvements to the facade.
USPA also recently held meetings with a number of cruise companies, including Royal Caribbean Cruises, Carnival Corporation and AIDA Cruises, to pitch them on potentially starting cruises in the region.
- HST Sofia deployed for Shell contract
- Fincantieri cuts steel for third Pinnacle-class ship
- Royal Caribbean orders sixth Oasis-class ship
- Steel-cutting, keel-laying, and launch ceremonies held for three Royal-class ships
- Unexpected rerouting allows Royal Caribbean ship to rescue stranded sailors at sea