BMT has been awarded a contract to design two crew transfer vessels (CTVs) for the expanding US offshore wind industry.
The vessels will be deployed to service Ørsted's Coastal Virginia Offshore Wind Project.
Each CTV will have a length of 20 metres, accommodations for 20 passengers and four crew, and a maximum speed in excess of 28 knots.
The first CTV is already under construction and is scheduled for delivery in early 2020. Delivery of the second vessel is expected by the end of that year.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Two more charged in deadly Missouri duck boat sinking
- Onezhsky Shipbuilding launches Project 3265 buoy tender
- Mermaid Maritime secures US$65 million loan facility for financing of DSV pair
- Apache North Sea awards second contract extension for Esvagt Observer
- Alaska's largest ferry to be taken out of service