GAC Marine’s branch in Turkmenistan has been awarded two contracts by Petronas Carigali, a subsidiary of Petronas, to provide marine services for its development of the Garagol Deniz West (GDW) oil field.
Under the first contract, GAC Marine will supply three anchor handling vessels kitted out with specialist onboard equipment to provide 24-hour support for drilling operations at the field.
The anchor handling vessels will: transport personnel and equipment from the onshore supply base to offshore facilities and between offshore rigs and platforms; perform oil spill response; and provide accommodation, standby, and emergency response support.
The second contract is for three years and calls for GAC Marine to provide a tug supply vessel to support Petronas Carigali’s ongoing operations.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding