Malaysian oil and gas firm Petronas has contracted Ocean Installer to help decommission the Chinguetti field offshore Mauritania.
The West African project will be executed using the construction support vessel Normand Vision and its in-house flexible lay equipment.
Operations will start this month, after Ocean Installer assists BW Offshore to disconnect the FPSO Berge Helene.
Chief Executive Steinar Riise said the project includes decommissioning of risers and umbilicals on the Chinguetti field, which is about 80 kilometres offshore in water depths of 800 metres.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Two more charged in deadly Missouri duck boat sinking
- Onezhsky Shipbuilding launches Project 3265 buoy tender
- Mermaid Maritime secures US$65 million loan facility for financing of DSV pair
- Apache North Sea awards second contract extension for Esvagt Observer
- Alaska's largest ferry to be taken out of service