Dredging work has begun in the waters surrounding the Zvezda Shipbuilding Complex shipyards in Bolshoy Kamen.
The dredging aims to further deepen the inner portion of Bolshoy Kamen Bay to 12 metres from its present depth of six metres. This will enable the construction and launching of vessels with deeper draughts at the shipyards.
The dredged soil will be transported to dedicated disposal sites a few kilometres away.
The dredging commenced shortly after Zvezda had secured the approval of the Russian Federal Fisheries Agency.
- Three killed, three injured in Russian tanker explosion
- Sovcomflot extends charter for survey ship Vyacheslav Tikhonov
- Russian and Chinese firms form hydrocarbon shipping joint venture
- Sovcomflot, VEB.RF sign financing contracts for LNG-fuelled MR tanker newbuildings
- Zvezda cuts steel for fourth Aframax tanker for Rosnefteflot