Finnish shipping company Containerships’ third and fourth LNG-powered vessels were recently christened at Wenchong Shipyard in China.
The two vessels have been named Containerships Finn and Containerships Balt.
According to the current delivery schedule, the first two LNG-powered vessels will be delivered to Containerships during 2018 and the last two during the first quarter of 2019.
The first vessel, Containerships Nord, is scheduled to start its final period of sea trials in October.
Additionally, Containerships signed a preliminary agreement for the fifth and sixth LNG-powered vessels during the summer of 2018.
- Wuchang Shipbuilding launches submersible mothership
- Pakistan Navy’s newest survey ship launched
Naming ceremony held for Proman Shipping’s newest methanol carrier
in Tanker World
TT-Line and Jinling Shipyard sign contract for LNG-powered Ro-Pax
in Ro-Pax World
OPINION | Indonesia has a stake in US/Australian Lombrum plans too
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raju – Estonia’s new pollution-combating hybrid patrol ship
- VESSEL REVIEW | Kingston – Versatile Damen CSD for South Australian council
- VESSEL REVIEW | Bona Fide – Shrimps beware
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west