Ocean Yield has acquired four container vessels with 12-year bareboat charters to companies owned and guaranteed by CMB.
The aggregate purchase price is approximately USD$120 million net of pre-paid charter-hire.
The vessels were built in 2014 with a capacity of 3,800 TEU each and are expected to be delivered to the company during the early part of Q3 2018.
CMB will have certain options to acquire the vessels during the charter period, with the first purchase option exercisable after five years.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Amelia and Johan – Purpose built cats boost Hawaii’s scuba diving charter industry
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance