Marine Jet Power will deliver the first two production units of its 310 X waterjet model to Metal Craft Marine (MCM) for a Kuwaiti vessel. The fireboat will feature a Volvo D13 735 kW diesel engines and MJP 310 X stainless steel waterjet propulsion.
Designed for 43 knots, this vessel is the fourth in a series of boats previously installed with MJP Ultrajet propulsion. According to MJP, the new "X series", born from the Ultrajet line, will further improve top speed and operating efficiencies by 10 percent compared to the previously installed actual flow propulsion.
MJP is set to deliver to first units to Metal Craft Marine in Q1 of 2019.
Latest from Baird Maritime Gear Editor
- VOLVO PENTA DEMONSTRATION DAY | New heavy duty ratings plus IMO III concept for the D8 engine
- Hamiltonjet secures multi-year project with Taiwanese Coast Guard
- GEAR | Volvo Penta D13-400s provide fuel savings and reliability
- MAN Engines releases first IMO Tier III engines for workboats
- Schottel expands range of high-performance nozzles