Norway’s Simek shipyard has delivered a new combination netter and longliner to its owners in Godøy.
Veidar is a Rolls-Royce design that uses Polish-built prefabricated sections and the aluminium superstructure constructed at Flekkefjord Shipyard.
Built for the Ålesund-based Veidar, Veidar measures 55.5-metres by 13.2 metres and has a 916-cubic-metre refrigerated fishroom.
Rolls-Royce supplied the 1920kW Bergen main engine, which provides a 14-knot service speed.
Veidar accommodates a crew of 25 in 16 cabins.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Amelia and Johan – Purpose built cats boost Hawaii’s scuba diving charter industry
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance