Spain’s Freire Shipyard has floated out Polar Nattoralik, a new freezer trawler ordered by Greenland-based Polar Seafood.
The Rolls Royce-designed vessel has a length of 80 metres, a width of 17 metres, a Bergen B33:45 5,400kW diesel engine, and a processing capacity of 195 tonnes per day.
Polar Nattoralik will be used primarily to catch cold-water rays and shrimp but may be adapted for other forms of fishing.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- New fireboat delivered to Rabun County, Georgia