Cyprus-based Vasiliko Terminal Services (VTS) has purchased an ASD Tug currently under construction by Damen Shipyards.
VTS is a supplier of marine services to the Port of Vasiliko and the VTTV Oil Terminal Jetty.
VTS currently operates two Damen tugs of a different design.
The new tug, which is to be named Ayia Marina, will feature firefighting capabilities of 1,200m3 an hour, so the vessel can operate at the oil terminal, and also in order to respond to instances of coastal oil pollution.
The vessel is being constructed at Damen Shipyards Changde in China and will be delivered to the VTS before the end of the year.
EDITORIAL | Dead hand of government destroys yet another shipbuilder
in Ro-Pax World
- Szczecin, Gdynia maritime offices to get two new research vessels in 2020
Construction temporarily halted on Havila Kystruten cruise ship pair
- Jianglong launches first of three patrol boats for CMSA's Fujian branch
- First steel cut for Interlake Steamship's newest bulker
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy