Ocean Infinity will be working with the Government of South Korea in the search for the wreckage of the very large ore carrier (VLOC) Stellar Daisy, which was lost on March 31, 2017.
The vessel was lost in the South Atlantic Ocean approximately 2,500 nautical miles due east of Uruguay with 24 people on board whilst transporting iron ore from Brazil to China.
Ocean Infinity is expected to commence the search for Stellar Daisy in January 2019. The company will deploy a fleet of autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs) and 3D imaging survey equipment.
- PSV delivered to Seacor and COSCO joint venture
- Heerema to provide T&I services for largest offshore wind farm in US
- More than 20 rescued from burning longliner in Indian Ocean
- Höegh LNG executes 18-month interim time charter with Cheniere
- COLUMN | McDermott International acquisition “spent $16 million on hookers” in Colombian corruption claim [Offshore Accounts]