Cammell Laird plans to launch a polar research ship, currently under construction for the UK's Natural Environment Research Council, on July 14.
The 129-metre-long, 10,000-tonne hull of the RRS Sir David Attenborough will be launched into the River Mersey.
The polar research ship is scheduled to begin use in 2019 and will be operated by the British Antarctic Survey.
The new research ship is part of a government polar infrastructure investment of £200m (US$264 million), which aims to keep Britain at the forefront of research in Antarctica and the Arctic.
Kerala launches high-speed ferry service
New double-ended Ro-Pax for Jiangsu province
in Ro-Pax World
- Ferguson Marine wins air cushion barge newbuilding contract
- Harbour and ocean going tug WS Sirius enters service in Brazil
Jianglong delivers catamaran ferry pair to Philippine operator
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Belgium orders new research vessel
- VESSEL REVIEW | Klara 1 – High quality for high pressure times
- VESSEL REVIEW | Fathom – Canadian resort's new taxi/tourist boat
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raiymbek Batyr – Part of a six-vessel tug fleet for Khazakstan
- VLCC equipped with sail propulsion system completes sea trials