Austal has commenced construction of Bañaderos Express, the second of two 118-metre high-speed passenger trimaran ferries for Fred. Olsen Express in the company’s Philippine shipyard.
The vessel is due to be delivered by the end of 2020 as part of a A$190 million (US$136 million) contract.
Bañaderos Express will have capacity for 1,100 passengers and will serve the Canary Islands upon entering service.
- Damen launches first of two corvettes for Pakistan
- Sredne-Nevsky sets May 21 keel-laying for new research vessel
- Philippine authorities launch probe into oil leak from grounded dredger
- Damen cuts steel for De Beers Marine Namibia diamond mining vessel
- VESSEL REVIEW | The Ox – Six-metre work punt for Australian shipyard