Austal has commenced construction of Bañaderos Express, the second of two 118-metre high-speed passenger trimaran ferries for Fred. Olsen Express in the company’s Philippine shipyard.
The vessel is due to be delivered by the end of 2020 as part of a A$190 million (US$136 million) contract.
Bañaderos Express will have capacity for 1,100 passengers and will serve the Canary Islands upon entering service.
- Armon floats out first of four freezer trawlers for Nueva Pescanova
- Wuchang launches second littoral mission ship for Malaysian navy
- Japan launches second Maya-class destroyer
- Fumigation may be less effective against certain grain cargo pests than thought
- Freire launches fisheries patrol boat for Kuwait