Construction of Ponant’s new polar exploration vessel Le Commandant Charcot has begun at Vard’s shipyard in Tulcea, Romania.
Delivery of the vessel, named after celebrated French explorer Jean-Baptiste Charcot, is scheduled for 2021.
Le Commandant Charcot will be powered by LNG and will come equipped with features that help minimise environmental impact as well as a laboratory optimised for oceanographic research.
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Delivery of Russian submarine Kazan to be delayed
- Jan De Nul launches fourth ultra-low emission vessel
- Neptune Marine wins Jifmar Offshore order for workboat pair
- COLUMN | Topaz Energy and Marine’s bumper profits: when something looks too good to be true, it probably is [Offshore Accounts]
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding