Spanish shipyard Hijos de J. Barreras launched a luxury cruise ship ordered by the Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection (RCYC) on Tuesday, October 9.
In addition to being RCYC’s first vessel, it is also the first cruise ship of its type to be built in the famed Ria de Vigo estuary in Galicia as well as the most expensive civilian vessel made in Spain.
The ship will be officially named in December 2018 and is expected to sail on its inaugural cruise in February 2020.
The RCYC ship has a length of 190 metres, a width of 23.8 metres, a draught of 5.65 metres, and accommodations for 298 passengers.
- Navantia to build five new frigates for Spanish Navy
- Electric Boat awarded US$346 million contract for Virginia-class submarine work
- McDermott and BHGE selected as development partners for Equus gas project
COLUMN | Broken ice, broken dreams [Offshore Accounts]
NTSB report reveals insufficient maintenance and lack of guidance led to fatal ferry fire
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raju – Estonia’s new pollution-combating hybrid patrol ship
- VESSEL REVIEW | Kingston – Versatile Damen CSD for South Australian council
- VESSEL REVIEW | Bona Fide – Shrimps beware
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west