Swedish power company Vattenfall has signed a contract with Windcat Workboats for the provision of crew transfer vessel (CTV) services.
The CTVs will support the Hollandse Kust Zuid 1 and 2 offshore wind farms which are scheduled to be commissioned in the Dutch North Sea in 2022.
The vessels to be provided are currently being developed in cooperation with CMB Technologies of Belgium and will be the first hydrogen-powered CTVs in the Windcat fleet.
The first vessels are expected to be completed by 2020.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VOLVO PENTA DEMONSTRATION DAY | Helm-to-prop updates for D4/D6 engine range
- First F125 frigate commissioned into German Navy
- C-Innovation to perform RLWI work for BP
- Prysmian secures DolWin5 grid connection for offshore wind farms in Germany
- Failure of towboat company to follow safety policies led to fatal capsizing, NTSB report finds