MISC Berhad named its floating storage and offloading (FSO) unit Benchamas 2 upon delivery at the MMHE West Yard in Pasir Gudang, Johor, Malaysia.
The FSO will be deployed at the Chevron Offshore-operated Benchamas field in the Gulf of Thailand.
With a design life of 12 years without drydocking, Benchamas 2 has a storage capacity of 650,000 barrels.
Her conversion from the Aframax tanker Bunga Kelena 5 took more than 2.2 million man-hours to complete.
The vessel has been chartered by Chevron Offshore as part of a lease and operations contract signed in August 2016.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Okskaya Sudoverf lays keel of fourth Project RSD32M dry cargo carrier
- General Dynamics Electric Boat awarded US$481 million for continued development of US Navy's next ballistic-missile submarine
- New icebreaker for Australia floated out at Damen Shipyards Galati
- Oren Shipbuilding delivers four survey boats to Dubai
- Parkol Marine Engineering launches 20m scalloper for Isle of Islay