ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems (TKMS) has launched S43, the third Type 209/1400mod submarine ordered by Egypt.
Once completed, the submarine will have an LOA of approximately 62 metres, a submerged displacement of approximately 1,600 tonnes, and a crew of 30.
S43 will soon undergo sea trials and other tests, TKMS said in a statement.
- Damen launches first of two corvettes for Pakistan
- Sredne-Nevsky sets May 21 keel-laying for new research vessel
- Damen cuts steel for De Beers Marine Namibia diamond mining vessel
- Taizhou Kouan delivers 38,000DWT bulker to Schulte Group
- Tuco Marine Group closes deal for interceptor with Hamburg Police